Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Kindergarten here we come!

Carson and Owen are officially Kindergartners. This is not only a big step in a kid's life, but their mom's life too. So bittersweet for me to see them begin this next phase in life.

The boys are loving Kindergarten, but there was a time when I wasn't sure if I'd hear both boys say that. Owen can be a very nervous child. We didn't know if we were going to even tell him when the first day of school was or not. I know this may sound harsh, but the reason for this was so the child could get a good night's sleep before his big day. I mean the night of open house he puked in bed because he was so nervous about Kindergarten, and he did great at open house.

My husband and I did end up telling the boys that they got to go to Kindergarten the night before they started. Owen handled it well. We just didn't dwell on the subject.

The whole family got to take Carson and Owen to school. We walked them down to their classroom, took a few pictures and mommy fought off a few tears. The boys walked into the classroom like they owned the joint and really never looked back.

I am feeling better about things now. I'm sure the boys will do fine in Kindergarten. They love it and love telling me about their days when I pick them up.

School has been an adjustment for the Littles. After having the boys gone for only 20 minutes on the first day of school Isaac was ready to pick them up. It was a long day for him without his brothers. He has since adjusted to having his brothers gone for the afternoon. We are all learning what our new normal is. It's coming slowly, but surly will be here before we know it.

IMG_7784

Going to open house.


IMG_7834

First day of school.

Carson and Owen


IMG_7866

A bittersweet moment for this mama.


IMG_7877

Owen getting his pencil box.


IMG_7879

Owen sits next to Parker.


IMG_7882

Carson sits by Grace and Mrs. Gift.


IMG_7886

See ya! Have a great day.


PS In my mind this is how my boys still look to me -
Bittersweet, I tell ya.

1 comment:

Dina said...

Oh Kara...the picture of you with them made me tear up...and that last pic of the two of them...:'(....Just shows how fast time has gone. Those little chubby baby faces...now all big boy...Darn kids!