Tuesday, September 13, 2011

A Pair of Preschoolers

Another first.

Stella and Isaac have officially started preschool or as they like to call it big preschool. They were so excited for preschool to start. They want to be big just like their brothers. Much to our surprise the two Littles have the same teacher that the Bigs had last year. I'm not sure what the teacher thinks of this, but we are thrilled. Mrs. Baird knows Stella and Isaac. She got to see them three times a week- twice a day last year. She assured me she was excited to have Stella and Isaac in her class this year.

Stella and Isaac did just what I thought they'd do on the first day of preschool. They marched right into their new classroom like they owned the place. They stopped for a quick picture with the teachers then went off to play. No goodbye. No "I love you." No nothin'! Yes. This is how I wanted it, but there is a little part of me that would like a little wave goodbye with a "love you."

Stella and Isaac had a very successful first day of school. The teacher sang their praises. She knows how to make me happy.
  IMG_7969
IMG_7979
IMG_7981
IMG_7997
Mrs. Baird, Stella, Mrs. Funk, and Isaac on the first day of preschool. 

If you haven't noticed each milestone in my children's lives is bittersweet for me. I hate letting go of my babies. I hate to think they are able to do things on their own. I love to see my babies turning into little kids and becoming more responsible. I love seeing their personalities and glimpses of who they are going to be one day. I try my hardest to hold on to and enjoy them where they are now in their lives. I know that the time with them flies and before I even know what's happened they have moved onto the next phase in life.  





No comments: