Friday, August 5, 2011

We are family

A few weeks ago we had Christmas in July a.k.a. a family reunion. It was with my dad's side of the family. Now that most of us cousins are grown, some married with children it seems so difficult to gather together at Christmas time. Last year the decision was made to have Christmas in July. It was a good decision.

For us the drive was very long, almost 18 hours round trip in the Swagger Wagon. We had a lot of "together time" including all six of us sleeping in the same small bedroom for two nights. Even with all that, it was a great trip. I loved seeing all my aunts, uncles and cousins. I especially loved seeing our kids play together.

My children have only met a couple of these "new" cousins but you would have thought they've know each other forever. They played so well and had a great time with each other. They genuinely love one another. It's like they instantly knew they were family. I love that.

IMG_7600

Stella and Seanie…besties.



IMG_7601

Jumping off the floating platform.



IMG_7605

Swimming with Papa and Great Uncle Bob.



IMG_7599

Carson and Papa.



IMG_7607

Paddle boat with Daddy.



IMG_7622

My four with Papa and Mimi and their first cousins.



IMG_7637

The Patterson clan.


No comments: