Saturday, August 6, 2011

Don't tell me what to do!


IMG_0294

We've been watching our cousins. Yesterday we decided to have a change of scenery and swim at the public pool. The kids had a ball!

We did have one little run-in, though. A few of the self proclaimed cool male teenage patrons tried telling my children and their cousins that they weren't allowed to go off a certain diving board.

In a very authoritative newly changed voice, "You can't go off this board. You need to go off the other one because we're were doing cool tricks off this one. You need to move!"

Some five and a half year olds may have been intimated by the bully, but not mine. My child spouted right back.

"We can go off this board if we want to. We don't have to go off that one! We're staying here." Arms crossed. Stern look.

Dirty looks were exchanged. And off the "cool" board went my kids and their cousins. The big kids were shamed into spending the rest of their day going off the "other" board.

IMG_0298

The bully is on the board shooting my child one last dirty look and I'm sure saying something inappropriate. This was his last jump off the "cool" board. My brave "you can't intimidate me" five year old is in the navy blue and white swim trunks (the little kid) telling him off. The not so cool buddy was shamed out of line to go to the "other" board.

Well done Carson.

No comments: