Wednesday, July 1, 2009

A little stink before noon.


This morning I walk to the babies room to get them up for the day. I am greeted outside their bedroom door with a fowl smell. I know when I open the door to prepare myself for a wicked smell that has filled the room. Stella and Isaac are very happy to see me and appear to be oblivious to the odor that filled the room. I notice that Stella is holding and playing with a diaper. I think to myself, "oh no!" I bet there's poo in the diaper and she's playing in it. It must be smeared everywhere. Much to my surprise there is no poo in her diaper (that she is holding.) No poo anywhere in her crib! Yea! The odd thing about her holding her diaper is that her jammie shorts were still on yet she was diaperless. I have no clue as to how she got her diaper off.
I go to pick Isaac up from his crib, knowing that he's the culprit. As I inspect his crib I see brown all over his sheets. Poor Isaac. His diaper had leaked. Liquid poo was everywhere. Gross! I get him changed and treat the awful rash that he now has and we move on.
I begin to make breakfast for my four children when I hear "uh-oh!" This comes from all three boys. I go to the room where the kids are playing to find that Isaac has pulled a shelf down. He managed to pull the supporting brackets out and all. He was not hurt in the incident, in fact he thought it was all pretty funny.
We continue to go on about our morning. The big boys play with Kayla, the babies nap, I clean, and etc. When I get the babies up from their morning nap I see Stella patting her diaper and saying "tee kee, tee kee." I can smell that someone has gone stinky in their diaper and sure enough Stella did. Stella was telling me she has stinky in her diaper. What a girl!
I am pleased to report there were no more diaper issues for the rest of the day. Whew!

1 comment:

Dina said...

Oh Girlfriend!
I have NO idea how you do it. But..way to go Stella Girl!!!! She could well be on her way to the 'Pee-Pee on the Pooottty" song:-)