Thursday, July 9, 2009

Only Two

Can you guess who my only two kids are at home with me this week?



Carson and Owen have been spending the week in Holdrege, NE with Papa and Mimi (my parents). This is the first time they have ever been away from home (without at least me.) From the reports I've gotten they are having a fantastic time and it sounds like they are wearing their poor grandparents out! The boys seem too busy to even talk to mom and dad on the phone when we call. This is a good thing, though.

This leaves me at home with Stella and Isaac. Who knew how easy only two kids are? Does anyone else realize how fast you can run errands when you only have two children in tow rather than four? Easy breezy!

The poor babies don't know what to think of having their big brothers gone. They keep looking for Carson and Owen, especially when it's time to wake from naps or in the mornings. Carson and Owen always rush into the babies' room to wake them up ... and to jump in the cribs. This is the first true time I've had one on one time with Stella and Isaac. It's been fun. However, we all miss Carson and Owen. It's a little more quiet around here (not that I'm complaining.)

I do feel like I can get a lot of things done around the house now that my two big helpers are gone. The first day when it was just the babies and myself I stripped wallpaper in the kitchen and painted. I've cleaned, washed walls, windows, tubs, and etc. until I've worn myself out. I have been keeping myself very busy but feel like my poor neglected house needs so much more attention that I will not be able to give it with just one day left.

This picture was taken right after Stella woke up on Wednesday morning. Her hair is a fright and she attempted to take her diaper off all by herself. I'm sure she thought she was doing me a favor by doing so. Before she got her diaper changed she, of course, thought she had to throw Isaac's diaper out for me. What a little helper!

No comments: