Monday, July 27, 2009

For Sale!

Our house is officially on the market. This decision was made rather quickly (for Carson and I). As excited as I am to think that maybe we will sell this house and move to one with more space, I'm terrified daily thinking the phone may ring saying that someone wants to set up a showing. This thought scares me because it is so hard to get the house "show" ready, especially with four kids. I know in order to sell the house people will want to see it first. Showings are my catch 22. We have been fortunate in that we put the house on the market officially at 1pm last Thursday and we had two showings that afternoon. Talk about me being frantic. Not only was I trying to get the house cleaned for the showings, but I was also getting ready for company and changing our evening plans all while wrangling the kids and dog.
Poor Wimpy! She's all out of sorts. House showings have really put a damper on her daily routine which consists of her sleeping for 23.5 of the 24 hours of the day. We have all suffered since that for sale sign has been posted in the front yard. I didn't realize how hard, time consuming and frustrating this whole process would be. Yes, dumb me! Moving was much easier nine years ago when we were just renting...and had no kids or a dog...and less crap in general.
Wish us luck!

No comments: