Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Sunglasses

This week the kids have been going to Bible school. On Monday the craft for the day was to "decorate" sunglasses. All the kids were given a pair of sunglasses. Attached to the sunglasses is a plastic string that the kids beaded. The teachers attached the string to the sunglasses and bam you've got a beautiful pair of sunglasses.

When picking Carson up from his classroom he's got his sunglasses in hand. Carson proudly turns to me and says he made them just for me. He's so thoughtful. I of course went on and on about how beautiful they were and how nice it was that he was giving his prized craft to me. We get to the van and I put the sunglasses in the front seat. While driving home Carson asks where my new sunglasses are. I assure him they are safe in the front with me sitting on the passenger's seat.

Today when dropping the kids off at Bible school we all pile out of the van and begin to walk into the church. Carson says to me "Mom! Where are your sunglasses?" I told him they were safe in the van. He then insists I wear them. "It's sunny out, Mom." I get the sunglasses out of the van and hang them around my neck with the beautiful grandma type beaded string still securely attached. Carson insists I put them on because as he stated several times, it's sunny out. I inform Carson that they are a little small. He tells me, "That's okay. I don't mind."

I proudly walked into the church with my sunglasses on. I take advantage of the sting and let them hang around my neck when we get in the church.

I'm pretty sure I was the envy of all the other parents this morning. I could tell by the looks they gave me.

IMG_7573



1 comment:

kerri said...

that is so sweet, i love that he calls it a "grandma" string of beads!