Thursday, May 7, 2009

Not again

Today as I'm leaving from preschool pick-up I'm sitting at the stop sign waiting to turn right to go home when I see a lady running towards my car door. I roll down my window to see what is the matter. She asks me in a panic if the stroller in the parking lot is mine. I'm a bit surprised. She then asks if I have a single stroller and I say no, I've got a double. The stroller left behind by some absent minded person must not be mine. It couldn't be!
Sure enough it was my stroller. I look about 100 yards back and see my poor old double stroller sadly just parked alone in the preschool parking lot. (We are usually the last ones to leave the parking lot for some reason. Why do you suppose that is?) So, in total and complete embarrassment I turn the van around and pack up the trusty old stroller.
I had no more just got done telling my friend, Dina, about the time I almost ran over my own stroller leaving preschool had it not have been for the back-up sensors in the van. At least last time when I forgot to load the stroller in the van I didn't actually drive away like this time. Don't get me wrong I would have had I have not put the van in reverse just to have my sensors go crazy and my back-up camera showing me what I was about to run over. Today, I didn't have to back out of my parking spot since we were one of the last ones out of the parking lot so I didn't realize I left it. On a good note the stroller had no kids in it. (Don't think I didn't do a kid count in the van when I realized what I had done.) However, it did have my Mother's Day flowers that Carson and Owen planted for me and a backpack in it.

1 comment:

Dina said...

I can't believe this!!!! That's HILARIOUS! That IS a trusty old stroller...better hold onto that one, Kara:-)