Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Attention to Detail

This morning was really no different than any other Wednesday morning. I had gotten all the kids' clothes out before breakfast. I asked Carson and Owen to get dressed before eating breakfast today. Carson followed my instructions. Owen did not. So, after breakfast I asked Owen to get dressed since we only had 15 minutes before we had to leave for gymnastics. We still had to brush teeth, get handsome hair and find shoes to wear. So, Owen being the trooper that he is hurries and gets dressed as I'm in the bathroom supervising Carson while he's brushing his teeth. In comes Owen fully dressed. We brush his teeth. Both boys get handsome hair, we find flip flops to wear, Kayla shows up to watch the babies and off to gymnastics we go.
I get settled on the bench outside the gymnastics room and am watching the boys do their thing. I noticed the boys' shirts were a little "off." I couldn't believe how much shorter Owen's was on him compared to Carson's shirt. They were the same size. And that's when it hit me. Owen put on Isaac's shirt today. (It is the same as Carson's and Owen's shirts.) Yep, he wore it out of the house and to gymnastics. It's a small 18 month sized shirt on a 3 1/2 year old. Nice, huh?

1 comment:

Dina said...

And you didn't post any pictures of this???? ;-) Bless his little heart for being independent...cutie...