Sunday, September 12, 2010

A First for Stella and Isaac



IMG_4784

Stella and Isaac started their first day of preschool (a.k.a. Kids Day Inn) on Friday. I wasn't sure how Isaac would handle it when I left him there. The kids are there for four hours. Isaac, Stella, and I went to meet their teachers and to get acquainted on Wednesday. While there Isaac kept saying "mommy stay here?" I would remind Isaac I was only staying today, but not on Friday. So, when Friday came I wasn't sure how he'd do. We have talked a lot about preschool. Stella was very excited about it and would reassure me, "I otay." Isaac is our nervous child.

Friday morning the "Littles" woke up happy. Stella came running down the stairs from her room. I asked her if she knew what she had today. She started jumping up and down while clapping her hands and repeatedly exclaimed "I doe to stool today!" (I go to school today!) She was very excited. When Isaac walked into the room I asked him if he knew what he got to do today. He shyly smiled and said, "I go to school today." I asked him if he was nervous. He said he wasn't. Time would tell if he knew what he was talking about or not.

The morning went smoothly. The kids were excited to get dressed and put on their backpacks. They wore their backpacks around for more than an hour before we left. I managed to get two lunches packed and four kids out the door on time. There's a first for everything.

On the drive to preschool we talked about how fun the day was going to be and how Stella and Isaac would get to play with other kids. I asked the Littles again if they were excited for their fun day. Both said they were. Isaac even said, "I not nervous. I not gonna cry." Stella once again reassured me she was okay, too. I completely believed Stella. I wasn't so sure about Isaac.

Carson and Owen were just as excited for Stella and Isaac to go to preschool as they were. They were great supporters and cheerleaders on Friday.

IMG_4797

The kids ran into the building. Carson and Owen held the doors open for the Littles as they raced in the building. We saw a girl in hysterics on the way to the classroom so I quickly went to plan B and rerouted the kids. We were the first ones in line. Stella and Isaac patiently waited for the teacher to open the door so they could go inside. When the door opened Isaac literally ran right in, never looking back. No goodbye. Nothing! Stella followed with great speed as well. No goodbye from my little girl, either.

IMG_4804

IMG_4807

IMG_4811

Yes, that is the way I wanted it to be, but a little wave or "love you" would have been nice. I was a little sad to see the kids go to preschool. It's a bittersweet feeling seeing your youngest children (remember we do everything in pairs) go to preschool. My heart was both happy and sad at the same time.

IMG_4810

IMG_4809

Many have asked what I'm going to do with all my free time during the day. Well, let me tell you the 30 minutes I have by myself doesn't go very far. Stella and Isaac go to school in the morning. Carson and Owen have preschool in the afternoon. I drop Carson and Owen off then before I know it it's time to pick Isaac and Stella up, then we pick up Carson and Owen a little over an hour later.

IMG_4816

The first day I did come home for a grand total of 15 minutes. I forgot my magazine to read in the van. I sat on the couch for 15 minutes while talking on the phone with no interruptions. It was beautiful.

Isaac and Stella I am so proud of you. You both got good reports from the teacher. She even told me Isaac went potty in the toilet. That's his first time. Yay Isaac! I have a feeling you are both going to love Kids Day Inn.



1 comment:

Dina said...

awww Kara.... The whole time I read this 'God's Speed' was playing on your playlist and I just cried. Why do they grow up so fast and why didn't THEY cry? Really, I am so glad that the transition went so well. They always throw us for a loop, don't they? AND YAY ZEKE ... potty on the toilet! WAHOOOO!