Saturday, August 28, 2010

Another first...for me that is.

For the first time ever in my life I only have one child in diapers. (Can you hear me cheering?) Three kids down and one to go. I never knew how easy it was to only have one child in diapers. I know this may sound odd, but after having a minimum of two kids in diapers for the last five years having one child in diapers really is easy. There was a time when I had four kids in diapers. Hmm, want to guess how I spent a majority of my day back in then?

IMG_4052

Stella is the newest "big" girl in the house. I told her that if she didn't go potty in her diaper for three days I'd buy her big girl panties. I didn't really think she understood what I was asking of her, but apparently I was wrong. She knew exactly what she had to do. Three days later she told me she got to have Dora panties. She fulfilled her end of the deal. Not a single accident. It was time for me to pay up. Off to Target we went to purchase every pair of little girl panties in Stella's size (no joke.)

I'm not sure who is most excited about Stella doing her duty in the toilet, me, her
, or her oldest brothers. After Stella does her thing in the toilet it is a party, usually led by Owen. Everybody cheers and goes to look at the potty or stink in the toilet. Stink in the toilet calls for a huge celebration, I tell you. (TMI?) Handing out the M&M's is also a big job for Owen and Carson. One "M" for potty, two "M's" for stink, and a handful for the boy who gets the dish of M&M's for Stella. (I'm not sure the big boys know that I know they sneak a few M&M's when they give one to Stella.)

IMG_3563

Stella pretty much potty trained herself. I don't even have to ask her if she has to go potty. She just goes on her own. She's made life very easy for me. This just goes to show that when a child is ready to "go" they will "go." Isaac would love to be potty trained so he can get an "M" but he's got no clue as to what's going on "down there." But, when the day comes when he is potty trained look up. I may have a plane flying a banner announcing the Wrights are diaper free! Stay tuned.

IMG_4611

2 comments:

Dina said...

YaY Stella!!!!!

kerri said...

How awesome for you! What a little sweetheart, I bet those boys just love her to pieces! And I thought Ella was little, how much does she weigh?