Saturday, January 23, 2010

I can't assume they know.

Carson and Owen are really wanting Star Wars pajamas. They have hit a growth spurt and have out grown most of their old pajamas. Every time I go to Target I look to see if they have pajamas of any kind that I know the big boys would like. I have struck out. The other day when the four kids and I were at Target we of course looked for pajamas for Carson and Owen. There was one pair in their size. Not good because I need two pairs of the same pajamas. (Those of you with multiples or who have been around multiples knows getting the same thing is the best thing, especially in the long run.) As we walked away with disappointment I spotted some Star Wars boxer shorts. I showed them to Carson and Owen. They loved them. We bought them.

When we got home Carson and Owen asked if they could wear their new boxing pants. I of course said sure! The boys disappeared for a while. When they came out of hiding they were in nothing but their boxer shorts.

They then began boxing.

I asked what they were doing and why were they doing it.

They looked at me and explained, "we're boxing."

Why?

"Because, that's what boxers do?"
I of course was a little confused. Owen then proceeded to explain to me that they had on their "boxer pants," so they had to box.

And that's what they did. All in fun and nobody got hurt. Nobody ended up in tears.

So here's the lesson I learned. I assumed that because I bought the boys new boxer shorts they would wear them for pajama bottoms. The reality was that they know that boxers wear boxer shorts. I bought them boxer shorts which opened the door for them to fight, I mean "box" anytime they have them on. Good one, mom!

Owen throwing his best punch!


Knock out by Stella!

Stella found some "boxer pants" and had to join in on the action.

1 comment:

Dina said...

How stinkin' funny is that! That Stella is going to totally hold her own, Kara:-) LOVE it!