Monday, April 25, 2011

Tanganika

Last weekend my parents came to town to help us celebrate Easter. For something different, interesting, and fun to do we went to our local wild life park, Tanganika, on Friday. It's a smaller version of our local zoo, but a little more interactive. The giraffes don't have a fence around them, just a ditch dug out along their very large area. There's white tigers along with penguins, a camel (which you can pay to ride), various monkeys, birds, goats, lemurs, rabbits, tortoises, kangaroos, zebras, and lizards among many other animals at Tanganika.

So what do my kids think the top two attractions are?

IMG_7043

Walking in the kangaroo pen? (Literally in their little area with them. No fences between us and the animals.) Watching the baby kangaroos hanging out of their mother's pouches?

IMG_7077 IMG_7080

Maybe it's hanging out with lemurs?IMG_7087

IMG_7076

How about the penguins or giraffes? IMG_7095

Nope.

IMG_7046 My kids loved the goats the most.IMG_7050 Really? The goats? IMG_7051

The tortoises and rabbits were pretty fun, too, but not nearly as fun as the playground according to my kids.

IMG_7090 IMG_7088

IMG_7060 IMG_7057

Honestly, what are my kids thinking? Nothing against goats, rabbits and tortoises but come on. They aren't nearly as cool as a zebra or walking around with lemurs are they?
We live in Kansas. Both my husband and I grew up in small towns in Nebraska. We go to Nebraska several times a year. Farm animals are everywhere. I guess I should take comfort in knowing this.

Note to self: next time we go to Nebraska we need to drive out to a friend's farm and see the farm animals. This may make me a front runner for being Mother of the Year.

No comments: